Lotus for the Future
The current range is Elise, Exige and Evora. The future car is the Lotus Evija: The world’s first pure electric British hypercar
• Lotus Evija – the first all-electric British hypercar – makes its world debut in London
• Target power output of 2,000 PS makes it the world’s most powerful series production road car
• Target 0-62 mph (0-100km/h) in under three seconds, top speed over 200 mph (320km/h)
• Ultra-lightweight carbon fibre monocoque makes it the world’s lightest production EV hypercar, at 1,680kg
• Pure electric driving range target of 250 miles (400 km)
• Mid-mounted battery pack echoes celebrated Lotus mid-engined sports car layout
• World-first main and dipped beam laser lighting technology
• Comprehensive personalisation and experiential programmes for customers
• Designed, engineered and hand-built at Lotus’ famous home in Hethel, UK
• Cements the UK’s position as the world leader in high-performance, advanced technology automotive manufacturing
• Lotus Evija production limited to just 130 cars – in tribute to its Lotus ‘Type’ number, 130 – beginning in 2020
(London, UK – 16 July 2019) – The world’s first fully electric British hypercar, the all-new Lotus Evija, has been revealed. With unparalleled performance and a target power output of 2,000 PS, it sets new standards in terms of advanced EV engineering. Quite simply, the Lotus Evija is the most powerful series production road car ever built.
Like all Lotus cars throughout the brand’s storied 71-year history, the Evija has been precision-engineered to deliver an outstanding driving experience both on the road and track. It is the most dynamically accomplished model ever built by the company, setting new
standards for Lotus driving performance. Above all else, it is ‘For The Drivers’.
As a name, Evija (pronounced ‘E-vi-ya’) means ‘the first in existence’ or ‘the living one’. It is highly appropriate; Lotus has an unquestionable reputation for its pioneering approach in both automotive and motorsport.